- A Virology lecture series on YouTube by Vincent Racaniello (spring 2019) on the very basics of Virology, Virological techniques, etc, including pdf’s of the slides used: http://www.virology.ws/course/
ANTIVIRAL INNATE IMMUNITY / ILCs etc
- “RIG-I and Other RNA Sensors in Antiviral Immunity.”: Annu Rev Immunol.
- “Innate Immune Evasion by Human Respiratory RNA Viruses.” https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31610541
- “Interferon-Stimulated Genes as Enhancers of Antiviral Innate Immune Signaling” https://www.karger.com/Article/FullText/484258
- “Innate Lymphoid Cells: 10 Years On.” https://www.sciencedirect.com
(IMMUNO) METABOLISM (IN THE CONTEXT OF VIRUS INFECTIONS)
- A good youtube webinar on immunometabolism in Science Magazine: https://www.sciencemag.org/custom-publishing/webinars/metabolic-regulation-immunity-exploring-programs-drive-immune-development
- A guide to immunometabolism for immunologists: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5001910/
- A comprehensive review on the “Foundations of Immunometabolism and implications for metabolic health and disease”: https://www.cell.com
- “Pathways to understanding virus-host metabolism interactions” article from “Current Clinical Microbiology reports”: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s40588-018-0109-7
- “Immunometabolism and natural killer cell responses”:
- http://www.twiv.tv/virology-101/ podcasts (“this week in Virology”; TWiV) about the basics of Virology: structure, classification, entry, genomes, genome replication, transcription, translation.
- http://faculty.collin.edu Powerpoint slides with summary of animal-infecting RNA viruses, their structure and symptoms.
Innate immunity, ILCs and NK cells
- For those interested, a relevant course taught at Intitute Pasteur in Paris, France, next year May 4-20: https://www.pasteur.fr/en/innate-immunity-and-infectious-diseases
- ILC1 Confer Early Host Protection at Initial Sites of Viral Infection:https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0092867417311832?via%3Dihub
- Spatial and temporal coordination of antiviral responses by group 1 ILCs: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/imr.12710?sid=nlm%3Apubmed
Mechanisms and consequences of Jak-STAT signaling in the immune system.
- For NK cells: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNP1EAYLhOs
- For ILC2 and ILC3: https://www.nature.com/collections/qsznhpzjzx/videos
- A special issue of the scientific journal “Viruses” on “Viruses and cellular metabolism.”: https://www.mdpi.com/journal/viruses/special_issues/viruses_cellular_metabolism
- Metabolic Stress in the Immune Function of T Cells, Macrophages and Dendritic Cells: https://www.mdpi.com/2073-4409/7/7/68
- An Integrated View of Immunometabolism (not open access): https://www.cell.com
- Targeting metabolism as a novel therapeutic approach to autoimmunity, inflammation and transplantation: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5300074/